Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

a persistent chest infection and another lump in my neck

User Profile
I'm 19, good health but had a swollen lymph node under my right jaw bone for nearly 8 months now. I went to the doctor and eventually got an ultrasound done. It showed it was a swollen lymph node and was nothing to worry about. The doctor said anything can cause them to swell acne, dandruff, etc.
This week I've noticed another lump in my neck. It's on the left side but closer to my Adam's apple. It\'s not very big, about 2 cms. My other lump is about 4/5 cm and is always bigger in the morning.
For the past two months I've had a persistent chest infection that's only just gone. I had 3 different types of antibiotics for it. I was stuffy all the time and could hardly breathe sometimes. I don't know whether to go to the doctors about the second lump but I'm worried it could be lymphoma.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 7th, 2013
Lymphoma Answer A43725
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Since you have had a recent chest infection, the lymph node swelling could be attributed to it. If worried, you may consider visiting your doctor/healthcare provider for further evaluation, clarification and assistance. If required, or if any infiltration is suspected, then a FNAC test done will help to look for the cellular composition of the lymph node swelling and confirm/rule out cancerous/malignant changes. For further evaluation, clarification and assistance, visit your doctor/healthcare provider.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.