Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

a pain in my lower right pelvic area.

User Profile
Normally I get cramps during my period...well the past period I had, I experienced cramps as well as a pain (minor pain...more of a discomfort) in my lower right pelvic area. I thought nothing of it, but when my period and normal cramping went away, the pain in my pelvic area stayed. I feel it when I stretch or turn a certain way, and sometimes I feel it while doing nothing at all. It is confined to a very small spot the size of a quarter (internal not external) and on occassion I feel discomfort when I put pressure on it with my hand. Again, it is mild pain and mostly an aggravation and slight worry since I have never experienced it. Any idea what this could be, and if I should even worry? Thank you for your time!

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2011
Abdominal Pain Answer A26836
Hello and welcome to E HEALTH FORUM.

The description of your symptoms indicate the probability of musculoskeletal pain or due to local inflammation.

You can get relief by taking a OTC anti-inflammatory medications like Naprosyn or ibufrofen for a few days.

In case it does not subside, you might consult your doctor for a examination and proper advice.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.