Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

a pacemaker and meds with heart pumping at 15%

User Profile
Hello my mother has congestive heart failure and she has a pacemaker..and today when we seen her dr. They said her heart is at 15% and has been that way for a very long time but all in all she is doing good and they told her about a ( LVAD) and that she may need it in the future..so I wanna know can a doctor tell me how many people they have seen do well for a long time with a pacemaker and meds with heart pumping at 15%?? Also she had a stress test and she did better this time then before..thanks...ps..I know everyone is different just looking for some info

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2014
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A49383
Thank you for asking

Pacemaker and a congestive heart with activity as low as 15 % are all very bad prognostic factors. Regarding left ventricular assist device insertion their decision must have been after a complete clinical correlation and must be right.

She needs a constant monitoring and a regular follow up. Stay in touch with her cardiologist. Let them decide what is best for her.

may the odds be ever in her favour.

Regards
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.