Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

a mole (skin color) as large as a chickpea

User Profile
Hello
My husband has a mole (skin color somehow) as large as a chickpea on his back for last 5 or 6 years as I remember. but recently I noticed the mole is growing twice and the color changed to light pink ! I don't want to make him nervous, so I decided to ask you whether the mole is dangerous? He is 42 years old and does not have many marks or any other moles.

What do you think about it?
Regards,

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2011
Skin Cancer Answer A19407
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Moles on the skin could be due to sun exposure,infection,drug reaction,allergy,melanoma etc.On the back and chest it can be seborrheic keratoses which are harmless and non contagious growth.They usually become warty in appearance.But any growth which increases in size and changes in appearance needs attention and should not be ignored.
Since I am not examining it is very difficult to comment on net as it requires proper examination regarding the size,shape,colour,consistency.Kindly visit a Dermatologist for evaluation.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.