Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

a mini stroke, migraine or a seizure?

User Profile
I have these episodes where I have tingling numbness feeling on my whole right side from my head to my toes which lasts a couple of minutes. I've never had this before and this past week I've had 9 episodes of sudden paralysis. I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure as well as history of stroke in my family. Dr's are unsure but they think its either a mini stroke, migraine or a seizure. An MRI was done and "something" was found on the right side but Dr's ruled it out to be nothing. Oh, did I mention that I also smoke? Please help clarify what is happening to me..... Thanks!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2012
Stroke Answer A31905
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

First and foremost, your BMI at 40.72 is exceptionally high and indicates SEVERE OBESITY.

All the problems you are currently like diabetes, high blood pressure, and possibly neuropathy changes are different presentations caused by morbid obesity.

Other causes, that need to be ruled out is Vitamin b 12 deficiency induced neuropathy, which needs to be ruled out considering your history of anemia.

Obesity can also called nerve compression syndromes, like carpal tunnel syndrome. Hence nerve conduction studies and a neurological examination is needed to rule them out.

The first step towards health, is to understand your condition and make up your mind to do the needful steps. You need to stop smoking as well as stick to a proper diet and exercise plan to lose weight. The ideal weight for you would be about 150 Lbs, which means, you need to lose about 110 lbs of your weight.

You may consult with your doctors and continue your treatment for diabetes and hypertension. But the best results will be attained when you lose weight and regain your fitness.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stroke , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.