Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

a lump under my skin in the pelvic area

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
I have a lump under my skin in the pelvic area, more specifically a tad bit above my bikini line. It started out as just a bruise feeling then a few days later(about 4 or 5) i felt a lump. The brusing feeling is getting closer to my vagina and the lump feels like its growing upwards. It feels hard sometimes and other times i feel like its just completly swollen. I do have HPV and have had my first shot but did miss my second one. I did some research and don't think this lump is from either situation. What is this lump?! Please and Thank you so much!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2011
Womens Conditions Answer A25330

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. These painful bumps on the cheeks sound like boils. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Apply warm compresses and topical antibiotics on the boil and keep the area clean.

Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. If there are recurrent boils, then please get your blood sugar levels estimated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.