Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

a lump protruding on my lower back above butt crack.

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I need help. I have been spotting or very little bleeding for almost 3 weeks now. Just 3 days ago a lump protruding on my lower back above butt crack. Went to see my family doctor he had no idea what this could be he said there is some type of fluid in there. He sent me to a general surgeon. He has no idea either what it could be it is extremely painful lump. He then sent me to do a stat mri of my spine. He called and said the mri was normal and nothing else was said as to what it could be any help will be greatly appreciated. Also my cycles are very irregular and I also take Loestrin birth control? help please
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2012
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the symptoms that you describe without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. The abnormal bleeding could be attributed to hormonal changes. You can consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the symptoms that you describe. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 19th, 2013
Re: A Lump Protruding On My Lower Back Above Butt Crack
Shocked SAVANNAH22808, I can't believe that you have seen multiple doctors for this and they haven't been able to diagnose this problem! It sounds to me like a Pilonidal Cyst and I have one! I didn't know what it was until I ended up with a pilonidal abscess and then looking back I realized all of my other symptoms were due to this disease. It sucks.
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.