Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

a lump on my butt :(

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have a lump on my butt! lol

Its about 2 cm around and is like a solid ball (meaning it goes about 2cm into my cheek and forms a ball like shape) its extremely red and very painful but doesnt seem to be a pimple. it doesnt change in size or have a white head, it doesnt produce a discharge of anykind its just...a lump :/ it hurts when i sit down or touch it but otherwise i can usually ignore it. its located on the top centre of my cheek so i know its not from rubbing. Please help cause ive had it for about 3 weeks now and it doesnt look very nice. It looks like a giant mozzy bite. though its not itchy. help help help!!
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2011

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. From your symptoms it looks like that you are talking about either a boil, pilonidal cyst or an anal fissure. In pilonidal cyst the skin at the top of the butt cracks becomes reddened or even sometimes looks like a small bruise. When it is infected,it causes pain and drainage.Antibiotics or surgical drainage may be required.

My sincere advice would be to consult a surgeon and getting yourself evaluated for these possibilities.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 24th, 2011
thanks for the help. its actually disappeared. it went away about a week after i posted and hasnt come back. my skin has also returned to normal so i cant even notice it was there.
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.