Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

a lump at top of my bum crack?

User Profile
I've had a lump at top of my bum crack it has been there 3 months now and was small to start with now is slighty bigger. It itches now and then but no pus as it's under my skin. It's only tender if I wear a thong which aggitates it more. I do suffer with cysts and boils usually In my armpits and groin this has been since I was 21 I'm now 34. Worried about cancer so much as never can tell with the amount I get on my body sometimes but this one on top of butt crack is worrying me as never had one here before. Thank u x

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2012
Skin Cancer Answer A30893
Hello and welcome to e health forum. ‎

Symptoms like persistent fever, weight loss, night sweats along with multiple enlarged, painless lymph ‎‎‎‎nodes may indicate conditions like lymphoma or cancer. ‎But it is less likely, that the lump can be a ‎cancer in your case, since you are young and might not be having such issues.‎

The description of the lump and the location, indicates it to possibly a collection of fat tissue also called ‎a Lipoma. Other ‎possible causes include a sebaceous cyst.

In case of lipoma, it can be excised with a small surgical procedure, OR in case of a cyst, it can be ‎reduced in size ‎with a needle aspiration or removed completely by excising it.

You might consult with your doctor who can examine you and provide proper advice and treatment.

I hope this helps.‎

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.