Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

a loud pop and a bright light in my right eye

lying in bed relaxing to go to sleep. there was a loud pop and a bright light in my right eye. i got out of bed and was shaking all over and my heart racing. but no pain.it sounded just like a gunshot and a flash.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper karman1
|

replied August 11th, 2012
I had that happen to me 2 nights ago. I had a migraine starting and took Midrin. I was about to fall asleep and just like you described, I heard a loud pop in my head and a bright white flash. It startled me so bad and I too had what I can only describe as a fluttering sensation all over my body, but a almost normal heartrate. I have been looking around the net for explanation but all I find is "exploding head" syndrome. This is the first time it happened to me & hope it does not happen again, kind of freaked me out.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....