Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

a large knot where they did the cut on my palm?

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
User Profile
Large knot. I have a large knot where the did the cut on my palm. Its been over a month since i had the surgery. The knot hurts when i try to massage it. Is this normal or could it be scar tissue already and if so would it have to be removed?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2012
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Answer A33323
Welcome to e health forum.

The lump described can be either a growth of excess scar tissue or due to presence of infection and collection of pus in the incision site.

In case, the lump is a increased scar tissue, observation for a few weeks might see a gradual decrease in the scar tissue due to gradual absorbtion. Injection of steroid injections may also be an option, which can be decided by your doctor.

In case of possible infection and collection of pus, the wound may need debridement, drainage of pus, along with antibiotics and proper wound care.

You may consult with your operating surgeon or your doctor for additional information and proper help.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Carpal Tunnel Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.