Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

A horrible feeling in my chest and stomach...

User Profile
Dear Doctor, i have a horrible feeling in my chest and stomach when im alone and i cry all the time. im angry alot and dont trust people. I used to take drugs and drink alot to make me feel better but stopped taking drugs years ago. I also used to cut my arms with razors til i bled. i have had terrible relationships and been cheated on and have a bad relationship with my parents but its better than it used to be. I get angry with people even my new boyfriend who is good to me and get depressed alot to. wats wrong with me?? why cant i be normal?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2010
Depression Answer A17247
Welcome to the forum. I am glad to help you out. From the description of your symptoms, it seems likely that you’re suffering from depression. For the same, I’ll suggest you to consult a psychiatrist & maybe a clinical psychologist also as you may require rounds of psychological counseling and may be drugs to overcome the depressive illness you seem to be going through.

A consultation with a neurologist should also help as you might need further tests like an MRI of the brain to rule out any disease of the brain. Meanwhile, I’ll also suggest reading some inspirational books as I have seen a lot of my patients benefiting from them. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.