Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

a fleshy piece of skin ?

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
Okay, my girlfriend is 17 and i am 16. We have had sex quite a few times. The past few times we had sex, she bled. At first we didnt think much of it, but the most recent time we had sex she bled a lot, and there now is a fleshy piece of skin or something hanging out of her vagina. she said it doesnt hurt when she squeezes it or anything. she is on the pill if that is relevant. shes very worried about this and frankly, so am i. i love her, and i would like to have kids someday and i would hate for there to be any permant damage done. does anyone have any idea as to what could be happening?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A19927
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Bleeding during or after intercourse could be suggestive of PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), vaginal infection, cervical erosion, presence of polyps etc.
She should consider getting a thorough evaluation done to look for the exact cause for the symptoms. Do not delay in visiting her gynecologist. If infection is detected for her, you should also get treated simultaneously to prevent giving her re-infection. Avoid intercourse while being on treatment.
Early detection and treatment will help in minimizing and treating the problem well. It will also help to ward off future infertility issues.
Hope this helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.