Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

a definite diagnosis of childhood asthma?

I'm male, 18 and my BMI is around 24. I'm 6'3 and 14 stone and a couple of pounds, give or take.

I went to the doctor years ago and mentioned chest pains when I went swimming etc, he mentioned the possibility of asthma but didn't say anything else and I didn't follow it up, what with being a child. I noticed on my medical records there's a mention of it but I was never told about it nor did I have a pump or anything, so was it a definite diagnosis or childhood asthma or something else?

I always thought I'm just unfit but even when sitting down I never feel like I'm taking in enough air and I get out of breath doing minimal activities, i.e walking up the stairs. I sweat a lot even when it's not warranted, it actually drips down my back and it's not even boiling. I wrote this problem down in a list of other problems I've been having and my doctor didn't say anything...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 18th, 2012
There are various conditions that could cause the symptoms you describe search as endocarditis or other heart issues, thyroid conditions, etc. Or maybe nothing serious but in any case, I would start off by consulting with a different doctor. Most likely it's not asthma.
|

replied July 13th, 2012
It can be initial stage of asthma. You should go through TFT test. It will show your breathing capacity.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....