Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

a cut on his back passage looked a purplish blue colour

User Profile
my father is 84 and i help with bathing etc when he had his shower yes ter day he asked me to check if he had a cut on his back passage it was not cut but looked a purplish blue colour and skin looked raw i put in some cream and did this again teice today it looks calmer today what should i do

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2012
Skin Answer A36620
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

What your father is having is senile purpura. Senile purpura is generally considered harmless, and is not treatable unless it is the result of taking blood thinners

You can give vitamin C tablets to your father which is required for the synthesis of collagen, an important structural component of blood vessels, tendons, ligaments and bone. Limsee 500 mg twice a day can be taken for 3 months after a medical guidance and a doctor's prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.