Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Wound Care Forum

A cut in my anal canal just below the tail bone which bleeds?

I didn't know what forum to put this so I just chose "wound care" sorry. Now I'm 18 and male and I'll try and explain this as best as I possibly can so, okay, so I've had this problem for a month and thought nothing of it. When I first noticed it, it was when I went to the toilet, when I wiped, the toilet paper was orange and you could only imagine what I was thinking. So I kept on wiping and it turned red and I thought. "Yep, that's blood" so after I finished I went straight onto Google and the closest thing to what I had, sounded like an anal fissure or pilonidal cyst but this isn't the case because there is no lump near my tail bone, and no pain where my anus is, it's in between them, in the crack. I'm 110% certain of this. It's just a cut but I'm worried because it hasn't healed up and it's been a month, this is the case because just last night, it was the worst it's ever been. and it probably won't because of the amount of times a human has to go to the toilet (go figure) so I took a crap last night, and 20 seconds later when I wiped, the toilet paper was half covered in and blood. I kept wiping and after a minute, the bowl and the water was tinged red. It was a lot, but not a lot a lot I didn't know what to do so I sat there waiting for it to stop bleeding. After half an hour, it stopped so I got off the toilet and went to bed. Today, I'm here asking the question and working up the courage to tell my parents so they can take me to the doctor? is it really that bad? I'm 18 and male and I'm not a homosexual or homophobic but I don't think I'm brave enough for a doctor to examine me down there. So help on what it is and what to do? thank you in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2013
SamJT13,

Don't worry about it too much, it sounds like you do have the pilonidal cyst which from memory is a under the skin sack of bacteria that has tunneled its way from the rectum/anus to that part of the skin. You should go to the doctor, nothing to be embarrassed about. The doctor will give you a antibiotics and you'll be on your way. Beware, this cyst may come back in the future as the tunnel still exists.
|
Did you find this post helpful?