so i had unprotected sex in december. i'm a woman. i haven't had any unprotected sex since then. i had oral sex performed on me a few months ago, but that's it.

i have this crippling fear of contracting HSV2. i had two vaginal yeast infections in the past few months, and atrophic vaginitis (which i went on hormonal therapy for, which also didn't work out as the medication had unpleasant side effects.) Otherwise, though, my gynecologist says everything looks good - i've had a pap smear, urinalysis etc since having unprotected sex and the only thing that showed up was that i had a yeast infection.

i have no symptoms of HSV2, i have never had any sores down there, but i know sometimes things are dormant and whatnot.

should i be worried? i always get random vaginal pains, and with my history of infections i'm a tad worried. i know serious anxiety (which i have - like i said, it's a crippling fear) can cause genital pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2015
Experienced User
I wouldn't worry. Usually when you contract HSV (as a woman) the undeniable sores appear within 24-36 hours. I have HSV1 as well as anxiety, so I understand your worry, but if you haven't had any kind of reaction (and trust me, you'd know) since December, you're fine.
If you're really concerned, a blood test can confirm, but in women because of the fragile vaginal tissue, the symptoms appear almost immediately. Since you didn't have any, I would say you're fine.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....