Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

a corpus luteum Cyst rupture ?

User Profile
Hi. I was admitted on march 7 with severe lower abdominal pain and pain while urination. Initially it was diagnosed as uti. Next day they sent me in for a scan where they found a corpus luteum Cyst rupture on the right side. I have very regular periods. Every 29 days. My periods then was on Feb19. I got my next period on mar 19 with bleeding lasting few hours compared to my usual to my 3 day flow. So again my Gynec did a scan and it showed that there are no Cystic area and that i am perfectly normal. But today i started having the same pains. The same right sided and lower abdominal pain. And pain while urination. Is it another Cyst? I know Its a functional Cyst but i am afraid it will rupture. The pain is really horrible. Is it possible that i can get it every month? I never had any menstrual problems. Me and my husband plan to conceive. Will it hinder? Should i seek medical help more in context of conceiving. We have been married for 5 months now. Should we wait for some more time.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2012
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A33494
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Corpus luteal cyst is not a cause of concern and usually resolves on its own.Rarely it causes pain and tenderness when ruptured which responds well to medications.
Sometimes the cyst requires surgical removal if it twists the ovary.

But these episodes should not be frequent.Usually pain during urination and also in lower abdomen is suggestive of urinary tract infection which is the most common cause but it can also be due to other causes as Kidney stones,bladder infection,pelvic infection etc.

A detailed physical examination along with investigations as Urine test and USG scan would help in giving a precise diagnosis.
If the symptoms persist even after few days consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Till then you can follow simple measures as:
1)Apply hot bag for 5 to 10 minutes.

2)Drink 5 to 6 litres of water.

3)Have craneberry juice as it helps in combating UTI.

4)Have healthy balanced diet.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.