Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

a cloudy feeling and acute pain.

User Profile
Hi I am feeling inside my head front skull completely goes on a cloudy feeling. some times acute pain in the upper lobe of the brain. I wanted to know the cause for this. When I have some hot liquids like coffee or Tea its little relaxed and it goes off. but its happening every day. because of this feeling my passion to do work and reading articles get affected. so, Please let me know how to resolve this.?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2011
Mental Conditions Answer A21724

Hello.

If you use the computers for a long period of time, you might have to check your eyesight for any refractive errors. The screen also needs to be soothing to the eyes. Looking at the computer screen for a long period tenses the forehead muscles (those above the eye brows), and may lead to the headache.

You may also need to make sure you drink adequate water/fluids. Mild dehydration is the commonest cause of headache.

Coffee and tea have elements that can help relax the muscles. They may help temporarily, but their effectiveness may decrease over a period of time.

You can consult a general physician regarding this, to rule out any physical causes. If you have had migraine headaches earlier, you are more prone for headaches due to the factors we discussed above. Removing the causative factor or modifying them appears to be the best way out.

Hope this helps.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

(This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please consult with your doctor or a qualified healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment options)

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.