Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

a clear gel like liquid is coming out of my penis.

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Dr. I am worried about my penis problem. The problem is, when i think about something sexual or watching sexy film, a clear gel like liquid is coming out of my penis. What is it? How can i get rid of it?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2012
Sexual Health - Men Answer A35978
Welcome to e health forum.

What you are experiencing is a completely normal sexual response of the body, and there is no need to be worried about it.

The fluid that you see is semen, which is normally ejaculated during orgasm (the end result of sexual intercourse).

Semen is the combination of spermatozoa produced from the testicles and the secretions of the prostate and seminal vesicles. During sexual intercourse or while masturbating, rhythmic contractions of the ejaculatory duct propel the secretions as the ejaculate.

In males who are not sexually active, the excess of secretions are occasionally removed from the body either during sexual excitement or while sleeping as nocturnal emissions (Nightfalls).

The best way for sexually inactive men to avoid nightfalls or emissions during sexual excitation is to masturbate once in a while (or regularly). Hence this will avoid any embarrassment during social situations.

If you have any doubts, you can consult a sexologist or your doctor who can clear all your doubts and apprehensions.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.