Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

A chronic problem with an abusive father

Hi, My father -literally- destroyed me, he destroyed everything in me, since I was 7 year old... he started to isolate me in a small room, in our old house since I was 12 from the rest of the members of my family (brothers and sisters) for silly reasons, I wasnt able to share meal with them (lunch dinner etc because of that for my entire years after!!). And ever since he also throws me outside his house many many times, and humiliated me both physically and emotionally. He is obviously Bipolar... the rest members always supported his aggressive attitude towards me blindly... only because I was resisting and not listening to what he or they wanted me to do some times when I was just a little kid! Again for very silly reasons... He is now 70 year old and behaves childish! He doesn’t want me to confront him about what he did to me that he ruined my childhood my teen years and even my twenties... now he is insisting on me to bring him a letter from a psychiatrist saying that I'm mentally sick and I need to be treated! And the reason is silly which is his pride and selfishness.. The reason is that I blamed him for the past and I told him to stop calling me sick whenever he gets mad at me or I will complain against him formally in the police and he will ended up being in prison... now he is trying to screw me up and destroy my life entirely by this sort of fighting.. He is the reason of making my life miserable and bitter! I’m really really sorry to say that. He wants not to be blamed of that by me he doesn’t have the courage to confront that and admit it and to apology and correct his behavior and his treatment. HE IS VERY VERY ABUSIVE!! Last time he wanted to blame me when I told him he is responsible about everything not anyone else so he got crazy and told my mother not to talk to me anymore!! Can you believe that?!! My mom now is not talking to me since 2 years and she is not seeing me because of his stupid selfish behavior, I feel orphan when my mother is still alive, I only see her in my dreams this is an utter tragedy. I'm severely harmed by him and emotionally traumatized, he was responsible about making me way behind in my study and socially embarrassed me, and now he is trying to put me in jail or in the hospital if he could! I can’t describe him really?! I’m so confused about him he is not stable I can never trust him.. And this has been going on for all of my life now that I’m 35! I really don’t know how to deal with him. He gathered all my brothers and sister against me plus my mother and he is treating me like his number 1 enemy!!
He literally turned all my brothers against me. All of them now because of him hate me.
I can’t even get married because of him! In my country the parents MUST be there when I go to ask any girl’s hand or to make a wedding without them NO one can accept to give his daughter to a guy without his parent’s approvals!
Can any doctor or anyone tell me how can I solve this severe chronic problem I have with him please?
I appreciate your help and advice. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 26th, 2010
I think you need to solve this through either one of your relatives or through some social institute to manage such common problems, I can't think of any other solution. Good luck Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?