Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

a changing little red dot on my shoulder

User Profile
I had a little red dot on my shoulder for a couple of years. A couple of weeks ago it started looking Moe like a skin tag, and started changing colors. White to red to dark red and it would bleed off and on. Sometime just a little but at least three times is bled copious amounts, with the last time bleeding for 16 hours, and I went through 30 2x2 bandages. I leaked through almost all of them.
It kept acting like it would clot, but it would gel up, then bleed more. The application of an ice pack and hard pressure stopped it finally. The next day it hurt, possibly from the pressure.
Since that happened it's gone through changes again. Bleeding some, changing colors, and it's finally fallen off and left a spot that looks like gel behind.I've taken a picture daily and it looks different each time.
It should be noted, I've been on home health care in a nightgown mostly with no bra to rub the area. I will be seeing a doctor soon. I just wondered what someone else thought before I did.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2016
Skin Cancer Answer A59471
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Any spot, lump, skin tag, that grows in size, changes color, bleeds and looks different over days should immediately be investigated for cancer. It may not be cancer. It may be a bleeding venous ulcer, non-healing type. It could also be a polyp. However, it is very important to get this investigated immediately. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.