Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

a blue lump on my forearm for two years ?

User Profile
I have had a blue lump on my forearm for two years that is like a little pebble. Its small (less than an inch) and is hard. I pinched it a while ago and it seemed to pop within my skin. It then dissipated in color and size but came back to it's original size and color within a month. It always grows back to the same size and doesn't hurt at all. It's just annoying and causes me to worry. I cannot locate any pictures online that look similar. It is a faint color against my skin and comes from underneath. Please help! I'm also trying to figure out how to load pictures.. Thanks!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2012
Skin Cancer Answer A40320
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Lumps can be caused by any number of conditions, including infections, inflammation, tumors and trauma. Depending on the cause, lumps may be single or multiple, soft or firm, painful or painless. They may grow rapidly or may not change in size.

Though it requires a proper examination of the concerned area to comment regarding the cause of lump but there is a probability it might be a Lipoma. Lipoma is a lump or mass that is made up of fat cells (adipocytes). Lipomas are a common, benign (noncancerous) type of slow-growing tumor. They most often develop just under the skin in the subcutaneous tissue, located beneath the skin and above the muscle.

You can just observe for any changes and if there is development of any new symptoms as size, shape, number of nodules, pain, discharge, fever etc then do consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.