Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

a bad smell because I have endomitriosis?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I was diagnosed with endometriosis 3 years ago at 18. My periods are irregular but before I get them I will start to get a bad smell from my vagina. I try my best to wear loose clothing and I am a hygienic person. Is this because I have endomitriosis?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A26957
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Foul smell from vagina/vaginal discharge could be suggestive of possibility of infection (PID, vaginitis, endometritis etc). You should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and assistance. A vaginal swab/smear test done would help in confirming/ruling out infective causes. Get started on treatment as indicated. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet. Be in regular follow-up and monitoring of your treating gynecologist/obstetrician and report any unusual/abnormal/new symptoms immediately. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes. If you are sexually active and infection is detected, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent re-infection and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment course.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.