Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

zumba after hip replacement

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I have been to a few Zumba dance aerobic classes and wonder if it will harm my hip? I have felt no pain, just muscle soreness since it was the first week. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of class.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2011
Zumba and Hip Replacement
I had bilateral hip replacements done two years ago and have been doing Zumba since December. I love it and don't feel any pain...just some muscle soreness early on as you describe. I have the same question..is it advisable to do Zumba after hip replacement? When they do "crazy hips" I slow it down as I am not looking to push my luck..I really like Zumba and my new hips.
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi SNOGAL....If you have any questions as to if this is too early after surgery, call your Orthopedist...He/she will be able to answer you on this...Take care...

Caroline
|