Medical Questions > Parenting > Preschool Kids Forum

3 yr old son stool has mucus

worried, my son's stool has what it looks like "mucus", what could it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2008
Supporter
To diagnose digestive system problems, it's best to request a stool sample be examined under a microscope. It's possible that the mucous has been caused by something in your son's diet ... does it still occur?
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Passing stool with visible mucus can be from a variety of problems. The best thing to do if you think your son needs medical attention is to take him to the doctor. Here is a link to more information.

http://ibdcrohns.about.com/od/relatedcondi tions/f/mucusstool.htm
|

replied May 24th, 2009
mucus in stool
I have a 3 year old girl. In feb. of 09 she had salmonella she was out for 3 weeks she was in hospital for 1 week its now almost 3 1/2 months later. She is constipated for 2 weeks and she is taking so med. that the doc proscribed and is still having problems. She is also having a lot of mucus in her stool. she still complains that her stomach hurts when she is going to the potty and she will start to cry because it hurts and wont come out. what do i do?
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2009
Experienced User
MUCUS IN STOOLS
look up natural constipation cures , ultimately she has a inbalance in the digestive tract & she needs to hydrate better.
hope this is of some help!
|

replied October 8th, 2012
Organic foods, less processed foods and childrens probiotic has helped my 4 year old daughter. Its been hard to transition to a different diet since she only likes a handful of things. Another thing I give her a Flintstones vitamin every day. If I could get her to like water - we'd have it made! Id still see a doctor to rule anything out but the above was rec by a naturalpathic doctor & has helped for us.
|
Tags: preschool
Quick Reply