Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

20 yr old son has thoughts of killing family members

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
i have learned that my 20 yr old son has had thoughts of killing me and members of his family!I', absolutely floored and am not sure what to think or how to begin to handle this.What do I do and should I be scared?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 16th, 2012
Is there anyone who has been through this?Should I be scared for my life and for life of my other family members?
|

replied June 16th, 2012
well do you think he would act on those thoughts? or why he has those thoughts.. it could just be hes under a lot of stress or very depressed.. also could be a type of personality disorder i know borderline personality causes a lot of anger and resentment. i would STRONGLY encourage him to get help.. and let him know just because he has bad thoughts doesn't make him a bad person and that there is help that works that could make him feel better even if he feels hopeless..if he is showing any signs of psychopathy you should get him help immediately. i hope things work out for you!
|
Quick Reply