Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

4yr old is too worried about what is healthy and what isn't

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
My daughter is 4 1/2yrs old. She only weighs 32 pounds. She doesn't ever want to eat junk food because it isn't healthy. The other day she ate a donut for breakfast and her daycare teacher told her that was not a healthy breakfast and that she had to eat a full bowl of cereal. She is always telling me that she doesn't want to snack because it isn't healthy. Does she have a problem? I'm worried about her. Last week she wanted oatmeal every day for breakfast, but I could tell she didn't like it. She would be gagging it down, but her daycare teacher said it was healthy so she is making herself eat it. Could she have an eating disorder?
Did you find this post helpful?
|