Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Genetic Disorders Forum

Young looking - genetic disorder ?

i am 21yrs old and i have a slight problem with my facial appearance so people think am around 16-17. so i have been making research on this and i came to a site which described some symptoms that i remember having during childhood..when i was 14 i suddenly had dis small swell under my chin at both sides but nothing big enough to call a goiter and i had delayed puberty..could this all be a genetic disorder cos my mum and her siblings have a similar feature when younger..up until recently about months ago did i just start feeling secretions coming from my thyroid which i never did before. though am good intellectually and tall in height the only disorder is my feminine side and my face..i'll appreciate answers that come with presciptions
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2009
Experienced User
I also look far younger than my age. I will be 23 this September and I look far less than that. I don't consider this as a problem. Those who see this to be a problem or shortcoming to me, they themselves have a problem in judgment. If they wanna judge me by what I look like than who I am, I am rather happy that I am not recognized by them. Both my parents look younger than their age but people say my father is handsome and my mom is beautiful. Nobody has ever called me ugly. I love the way God created, fashioned, and proportioned me. I am happy with the every method he applied to create me. Sometimes I am sad but at others I realize I am a beautiful creation of Him. I thank Him for the every way He designed me. He designed me exactly as He wished. Nothing more and more importantly nothing less.

Don't care what they tell you about your face. Just listen to your heart my friend.

My post doesn't come with a prescription but it comes with something called honesty.

Sorry for the boring philosophical ideas!
|

replied September 18th, 2009
Gbemmy,I really dont know how bad it is,but I know people are dying under surgery and cosmetic creams to have what you've got free of charge,except its very very bad I think you should be thankful to God even if its a disorder cause it works out positive for you as long as the only side effect to it is looking younger than yr age.I think its a blessing so enjoy it while it last.
|

replied October 1st, 2009
I am 29 and people say that I look like I am 18 or so, this is what I noticed is common in our generation and it can be challenging to retort others when they comment on such a topic. However, be that as it may, it is what it is, and so be it. The fact of the matter, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks you are who you are, and who God wanted you to be. It's a blessing in disguise.
|