Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Yogurt in vagina ??? (Page 1)

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
Shocked I went to my gynecologist because I had a BV infection some years ago and since then even though I was treated, the pain in the walls of my vagina when I have sex, didn't ever go away, and I wasent like this before the Bacterial Vaginosis I had. the Bv I had cured with some treatments of metronidazol in gel. But even though I kept on having a little discomfort when having sexual relatioships, I feel that my vagina ( always with a condom, I've never ever had sex without a condom yet) near the opening of it, startes to hurt when my partner penetrates me, and It is no problem with lubricating. So I decided to go to a new doctor gynecologist who revised me and he said that the discharge I had was normal, and that he didn't see any inflammation in my vagina. So I was confused... From where and because of what am I having the painful sexual relationships. My gynecologist said that it might be that I was tighting my vaginal muscles, but I don't feel like I am doing that. Question So he gave me just in case a antifungal cream, which I had to use every night for 7 days. And he told me This other thing that makes me scared of doing it, he told me: "After the treatment of this antifungal cream, you are going to buy a PLAIN YOGURT, WITH ACTIVE CULTURES, ALL NATURAL, NOTHING ADDED, NO SUGAR IN IT, and you are going to use the applicator that came with the antifungal cream (desinfected previosly with alcohol)and you are going to fill it up with the YOGURT, and put it in your vagina for 10 days" Ok, I said and then went straight to buy it,... but I just coulden't use it!! ¿ Dosent this yogurt thing decompose inside of your vagina??? ¿ and if It does decompose in there, isn't this going to cause worms!!????? Oh God, I just left the yogurt in the store and went home. Please If some one already has done this before, if you Know about this, If you are a doctor, Please tell me if I am right or wrong about the yogurt thing inside of my vagina. ¿ have you tried it? ¿ did it work? ¿ how should I apply it?? I know that with the applicator like my doc said but I mean how much quantity, the entire applicator tube or just a little ( my doc. did not specify this so I think he meant to put the entire applicator tube full of yogurt every night for 10 days!) and ¿ Should I rinse it away with a douche or just leave it there and keep on putting more and more coats of yogurt one night after the other???? Please Explain this to me, I'm a little scared of this remedy, because litteraly yogurt is supposed to be always refrigerated to keep it fresh, and if you just leave it in your vagina, and put more and more and more for 10 days, wont this make it foul inside of you!!!!???? Thank you very much, And please answer me, I really need to hear testimony of people who have done this, or doctors who can tell me this is a trusting way to fight little vaginal discharges, and the vaginal wall pain during sexual relationships. Thanks! I'll be waiting for your answer.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile lanena77
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2009
Supporter
I had heard of EATING yogurt to cure a yeast infection but never of inserting it directly into the vagina! Imagine my surprise when I found this cure on a Columbia University website and another reputable website.
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/sister/Yogurt.h tml
It does make sense. But it seems rather smelly and messy. (I have no idea if it would cause an odor but it does seem likely.) And sex would be out of the question until treatment was discontinued. So, I guess it's up to you to decide if's worth all the mess and bother. If you decide to try it, I would not rinse it away as most of it will flush out anyway onto your pad.
|

replied November 27th, 2009
Seems like the bacteria in the yogurt would help to reset the normal bacteria levels in the vagina by overpowering the bad bacteria then being washed away with your daily baths. and not yogurt doesn't grow worms.
-Mr Knight
|

replied September 5th, 2010
The purpose of using the yogurt after the medication is because the medication will kill off the GOOD bacteria as well as the bad, and you need to replace the GOOD to prevent a reoccurrence. The yogurt will not rot or spoil in you and it will not bring worms. Don't douche afterward because then you are washing away the good bacteria again. The inside of your vagina will self clean and the external will clean with a shower.
|

replied September 28th, 2010
i have use the yogurt and it has been a great help instead of using the meds. its like using a metronidazol it will come right back out. i believe it balance everything out because it had the adoliphilis(i think i spelled it right) in it
|

replied May 17th, 2011
At one of my gyno appointments I asked what I could do that was cheap and safe, to help maintain a healthy environment in my tunnel of love. When she told me about the yogurt I was pretty skeptical. Even so, I asked a lot of questions and upon leaving I felt confident enough to try it. So far I have not had any problems down south and everything is great! I feel refreshed anytime I use the yogurt - I just dunk a tamp in it, It's less messy. Smile
|
Users who thank SunshineBliss for this post: monimoni 

replied May 29th, 2011
trying to get pregnant
can someone get pregnant with yogurt in vagina.
|

replied May 29th, 2011
Community Volunteer
No, you need a penis and some sperm in your vagina to get pregnant.
|

replied May 29th, 2011
yogurt in vagina
Having Sex with yogurt in vagina can a woman get pregnant.Or do yogurt kill sperm.
|

replied May 30th, 2011
Community Volunteer
No, yogurt itself will not affect the sperm. It can however make it more difficult for the sperm to get into the cervix. Remember that the yogurt must be natural, unsweetened and unflavourred. if not, you will make the yeast worse.

His penis will also act like a piston that will suck a lot of the yogurt out. The is is because of the shape of the penis with the larger head/glans. On the in stroke, the Yogurt will be trapped behind the head, during the out stroke, it will be pulled closer to your vaginal entrance.
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2011
Yogurt in Vagina?! (Yes, it's ok!)
Do it! Yogurt has absolutely helped my sister and I with medical problems youre describing, and can relate to the pain during sex. Our aunts also swear by it, and from both sides, too. Our mother's sisters are very into alternative medicine, and one is a acupressurist and aromatherapist. Our dad's sister who is a nurse at a local clinic gives this advice out to several patients, and it is very effective. Remember, it cant have sugars or flavors, and it must be active. Treat it like any medication, and try to have a serious attitude. Think of it as re-culturing your vaginal bacteria and stabilizing your vagina. I'm glad you always use condoms, by the way! Stay safe, and I really hope you get well soon! Peace and Prosperity.
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2012
Can the yogurt help with the white smelly discharge I've been having?
|

replied November 15th, 2011
pain
i heard that someone in my family had problem. she was unable to have sex i guess because the pain was too uncomfortable. the way it was described to me sounds exactly the way you described it. but i have no idea what the diagnosis was or how her doctor treated it. it is a condition thought that is treatable.
|

replied December 16th, 2011
yogurt
right now i have put yogurt in my vagina dipped in cotton let me see the result after few days and i will reply here
|

replied December 21st, 2011
yes it works but u shoudnt discontinue in middle it must be for 10 days. Everyday just one hour. now my vagina doesnt smell and no yellow discharge too and i hope i get into my regular periods soon
|
Users who thank sucmahiya for this post: kristigraham 

replied February 7th, 2013
hi there,
how do i put yougart into my vagina?
i dont have anything to put Sad
|

replied February 19th, 2012
Suggestion and Question
I freeze the yogurt, either rolled up in a sandwich bag so it makes the tubular shape or in a tampon applicator, the applicator doesn't work as well just because it's hard to get the yogurt in it. Just make sure you take the yogurt out of the plastic bag before you put it in your vagina, if that wasn't obvious already.

It feels pretty good when you first put the frozen yogurt in, especially if you've been dying of a itchy yeast infection.

QUESTION,
For those of you who have been doing this for a while... like LemonBeam and SunshineBliss or anyone else, how often do you treat your vagina with yogurt? Is it just when you feel something might not be right or do you do it on some kind of vagina rejuvenation schedule you have? Smile

Thanks!
|

replied April 13th, 2012
vaginal issues!!!
So....I've had bv for a couple of months now. I'm on my period & I just got prescribed flagyl for the 2nd time. I work at a hospital and have talked to a couple of the nurses about it. They told me to eat the plain yogurt (the taste is horrible, btw) & to also insert it into the vagina bc the live yogurt puts good bacteria back into your body. They also told me that you can deuche with part water, & part 3% peroxide. It's helping so far. No smell and no discharge along with my period!! Yippee Smile)
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2012
so organic yogurt would be better right?, im seriously going to try this, for ten days and then i will respond. i have had bv issues for years now ever since i had my son and its terrible, nothing works. so it won't hurt to try.
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
yogurt works!!!
i had BV. a terrible foul odor would occur during sex-omg, i smelled up the entire room!!!so, I was prescribed metronidazol. It works almost instantly-the foul odor was gone. years later, it reoccurred-the metronidazol worked once again. my gyno said it's transmitted through sex. anyhow, over the years, my body went through some changes. i wasn't sexually active and i got it AGAIN!!! not only that, every time i ate certain cheeses, the smell would come out of my vagina. hello??? what's going on? i went online, read about yogurt and started using it. I then, saw my family doctor. i explained my situation. she says that my ph balance was out of whack. and that probably ANYTHING that went up my vagina, was going to change the ph balance. and she was right. when i had sex, the odor would come out again...luckily, the cheese thingy stopped after omitting cheese from my diet for a couple of months. i incorporated it back slowly and i haven't had a problem with cheese in years. oh, and did i mention that when i am on my period (EVERY MONTH) the foul odor comes back? yup folks...i have to apply yogurt up my vagina for at least 4 days a month... and i have been doing this for about 4 years. btw, i use my fingers to apply it. the smell goes away instantly!!!! i don't know what i would do without it!!!
before, i can't tell you how bad it was. yogurt has believe it or not saved me. i hope this helps. my last trip to the gyno was interested... i advised him that i had a problem with my ph balance and that i was applying yogurt... he replied, "oh, good."
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2012
what kind of yogurt do you use? I have bv right now and I want to use this treatment...
|

replied May 26th, 2012
rephresh-an alternative to yogurt
you can use ANY plain yogurt. i buy Greek yogurt only because it's thicker. btw, after so many years, I found another alternative. Rephresh vaginal gel-it works just as well.
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
i just read about called REPHRESH-i'll definately try it!!!
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
i've tried many different kinds... make sure it's PLAIN YOGURT WITH ACTIVE CULTURES. they all work well.
now using Liberte greek yogourt- use about a teaspoon. if you are going to use your fingers, make sure to wash them very well. insert it, as far up as you can go. when necessary, i use it once a day(morning) after showering.
please note that metronidazol is not good for us... it kills the good and bad bacteria. whereas yogurt, only kills the bad. so, in the end? do we really have BV? oir is it just a ph imbalance???
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2012
My BV remedy
Greek yogurt is my hero. It has cured my BV along with some help from oral antibiotics taken for one week. Before I started inserting greek yogurt my BV would always come back after the antibiotics. I also mix in a capsule of Fem-Dophilus (found in the refrigerator at natural food stores vitamin section) and the mixture comes out to about 2 tablespoons. I insert this with a syringe 2x a week. It never causes any discomfort or bad odor, rather the opposite. There is some leakage for about a day afterwards but it usually comes out when I'm on the toilet so not much mess in my panties. I have tried every single method and remedy under the sun and this is the only one that truly gets rid of all my BV symptoms.
|

replied May 26th, 2012
have you tried Rephresh vaginal gel?
|

replied June 13th, 2012
odor
how long have you been without the odor now?
|