Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

yellow cum

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hello today I had sex with my husband and when we came everything was fine from what I could tell. When I went to go clean myself off everything was fine, but when I used the washroom and I went to wipe I looked at the tissue and there was a thick yellow something on it. Which I'm thinking it was either his cum or mine but I don't know which one of us it came from. I'm thinking that it could be the urine that could have gotten in there but I don't know. I think I should mention that I have not cum since 1-06-10. So maybe it could be that I just haven't cum in a while. I really don't know what's wrong. Should i be worried or not? I must mention also that I don't have any medical coverage so going to the doctor is not an option for me. So if there is something wrong what should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 29th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Allena, what do you mean by ".. I have not cum since 1-06-10"? What do you call your cum?

Do you have any strange smell or discharge after that? If so, it might be an infection.

It is most likely just his semen mixed with your cervical mucus and other fluids.

You can also ask him what color his semen is when he masturbates.

Take care!
|

What I mean is the last time we had sex we on 1-06-10. So that means that was the last time I came. It had a some what sweet smell to it but it sawn't loud and it didn't stink at all. I did ask him that and he said that it was white the night before last so he doesn't know why it's that color either.
|

Especially eHealthy
Allena,

The term 'cum' is usually used for male ejaculation, It is also used for female ejaculation. Female ejaculate ranges from nothing, a few drops to about the same amount as your husband ejaculates. This is because the fluid is coming from the same type of organ, the prostrate. Although woman does not have a prostrate, the prostrate structure still forms around the urethra of some women. When sexually stimulated, this female 'prostrate' will release a fluid that has the same properties as male prostrate fluid. There are however absolutely no mechanism for women to store up the fluid like with men. So for most women this fluid will just drip or ooze out of the pee hole, often unnoticed. Other women will have a few short and small squirts of this fluid. This fluid is mostly white/cream colored (it is the same fluid as from men’s prostates) and tastes sweet. It’s got some urine in it because your urethra is not clean.

Everything that your husband ejaculated into your vagina turns to a fluid within a few minutes. If this does not happen, the sperm will not be able to escape from the rather thick mixture of his semen. So within about 5 minutes it will all be liquefied. A very interesting concept is that this liquefaction takes place in waves to present sperm to your cervix over few minutes. It is thought that some sperm may even have different functions. Some might clear the way for the baby making sperm and some might try to neutralize other men's sperm that might already me in your body waiting for ovulation and the egg to be released. Although this is just a theory and not proven at all, it is an explanation for the liquefaction in waves.

As you might know from oral sex, your husband’s semen is affected by his diet and by heat around his genitals. If he drinks a lot of coffee or eat spicy food, his semen will get bitter and less than tasty. If he eats and drinks sweet stuff or fruit, his semen will be sweet and pleasant. If his genitals are heated up or he is dehydrated, his sperm will be chunky and quite nasty. This process can also change the color of his sperm from white to creamy or brownish.

So is there anything in all this information that can explain what was yellow and came out of you? Probably not. So where did it come from?

As your husband said, he does not think his semen is yellow. As you said, you cleaned up, it was ok. By that time most semen should have liquefied and came out, unless you did not cuddle a bit first and caught your breath. So later you found a yellow stuff on your toilet paper. Remember that you also have a stream of cervical mucus coming out of you during your normal cycle. You are most likely to have sex around your fertile time when your cervical mucus is plenty because the hormone changes in your cycle makes you horny. So what you saw were most likely cervical mucus mixed with some left over semen. When you get an infection (most often a yeast infection), your cervical mucus can turn yellow. When your husband ejaculate in you, the pH of your vagina can change and you can have some yeast infection starting. A yeast infection starting like that does not have to progress to a full scale yeast infection. It can just go away by itself again. So my guess is that it was probably a yeast disturbance that caused to be the mixture of your fluids to turn yellow. As you said, you had a sweet smell after sex. Anything sweet or sweetened is the food for yeast, so I think it is just one more pointer to a yeast ‘disturbance’.

Do watch our for itchy vagina and cottage cheese like discharge just in case.
|
Users who thank UnknownABC for this post: allena 

replied January 30th, 2010
This was very helpful so thank you very much there is no itching or cottage cheese stuff yet and i hope there will not be any either. But thank you again.
|
Tags: vaginal, urine, sex
Quick Reply