Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Yeast infections before and after period

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
hi,
I have been having the hardest time understanding what is going on with me. Here is some friendly history, for the past few 9years I have been off and on birth control, in 2007 i had my daughter and it was also the first time i had ever had a yeast infection. recently i had changed my birth control and was last using ortho tricylcline , which i have not been taking recently. It seems for the past year and more recent now, i have been having multiple yeast infections. It seems like a patteren, i will get one before my period then my period will come and then again a yeast infection. I looked up info as to what could be the cause and now im deathly afraid since HIV was brought up in many of my researching. I also saw things like using certain body washes or scented tampons, i have made some changes with those and hope for the best but i currently just ended my period and cured the yeast infection. So im hoping those changes might have helped.There has also been times when my fiance and i have having sex but then i become dry and he will use his spit and or KY(but not all the time), while researching i saw something about using spit was not good and so again im not sure. Question
Another problem that i am having is it seems during sex i do not get wet as i would before then cause since during sex or just not having sex to avoid the discomfort and possible yeast infection and or cuts. i know this seems like a lot and believe me there seems to be soooo many more questions, but if you have any answer or suggestions for me i will be more than pleased. thank you for taking the time to read this
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
How are you treating the yeast infections? Are you using over-the-counter creams or have you seen your doctor? You may need a stronger medication (maybe even a longer course of vaginal or oral anti-fungals).

Has your partner been treated? Although somewhat rare, men can get yeast infections. The woman will get one, pass it to him without realizing it, then even if she's treated, he can keep re-infecting her. Have your partner either go to his doctor or use over-the-counter yeast infection cream on his penis (especially under his foreskin, if he has one) for as long as the package says to use it.

Also--are you sure it's a yeast infection? It could be a bacterial infection, which is not something you can treat with over-the-counter creams. You need to see your doctor for that.

In addition to not using body washes or soaps that aren't unscented and hypoallergenic, you aren't douching, right? That's a big no-no for vaginal harmony. Smile

Regardless, you need to see a gynecologist and have this checked because what you are doing on your own isn't working. Yes, they often talk about HIV when it comes to recurring vaginal and other infections, but don't jump to conclusions right now. If you are worried, get tested. But I really think it's a matter of never having your infection properly treated, rather than an autoimmune disease.

If your doctor can't seem to do anything to help, then consider other possibilities. Good luck.
|

replied September 23rd, 2009
Thank you so much for your speedy response. No i do not douch and yes over the counter is what i have been using. I will have my fiance use some as well.I scheduled a appt. with a doc. and hope that it will all come to end and thanks for the answer reguarding HIV i will get tested but it also nice to hear as to what else it may be. so thank you thank you thank you
|