Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Yeast infections and marijuana ?

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
hello this is my first time. here I go. If my husband smokes marihuana can I get a yeast infection? I was told that the marihuana relieces something in the male sperm that can cuase vaginal infections. And is it normal to get a yeast infection every month? If not I need help. Mad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I've not heard of this before.

If you are getting yeast infections every month it could be that infection itself is not being eliminated in the first place or it could be that you have a weakened immune system or something else.

It is not normal to get a monthly yeast infection.
|

replied April 24th, 2009
yeast
Oh no yeast infections are not mormal every month. I used to get them all the time. You have to see a Naturopathic Doctor or look up what consists of a Yeast free diet and stick to it for a month or so. Also your boyfriend should be treated for the yeast infection. He could be passing it back to you. Get him to apply the cream twice a day for four days.
|

replied June 27th, 2010
Yes, you can definitely get a yest infection from a marajuana user. Everytime i have sex with my hubby after he smokes a joint i get irritation and burning in the vagina. Once the drug is out of his system, i don't experience the symptoms of a yeast infection. Maybe marajuana releases a chemical that you and i are allergic to.
|

replied April 1st, 2011
Marijuana and Yeast Infections
This is happening to me as well. I thought maybe he passed along an STD, but I noticed in the past that smoking marijuana made me sick. Now that I am having sex with him (we've been dating for a month), depending on how much he smokes, I get a yeast infection EVERY TIME. So, it MUST be the marijuana.

Also, I heard that men do not get penile yeast infections, is this true?
|

replied October 1st, 2011
yeast infecions and marijuana use
Absolutely. This was happening to me and almost every month my period would clear it up. My step daughter said the same thing and and also said that when she smoked it she would not get it. I tried this and found that this did minimize the itchy burn but did nothing about the other sympoms (discharge and odor). There should be a medcal research team working on this and it should be a valid reason for divorce in states because I am sure it happens to men as well when they are non users and their wife is. This is a health risk for everyone
|

replied October 5th, 2013
Yeast infection
So, bottom line, smoking Mary Jane can cause a yeast infection in women?
|