Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Yeast Infection with Lower Left Abdominal Pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I thought I was getting a yeast infection 2 days ago and now I know I was right. It is very painful and I am even experiencing pain in my lower left abdomin. I thought it was gas pains yesterday, but now that it's still hurting today, I am worried that it might be something else. Also, every since I had my child, who is 4 now, I have not had regular bowel movements. I go once a week, maybe. I know that's not normal, but my mother has the same problem. She takes laxatives, but they make my stomach hurt, so I don't like to take them much. I know I need to go regular, but I don't know what to do. My doctor has prescribed me a liguid awhile back that did not seem to work, so I haven't been back about it. Is there something else I can do and is this what is causing the abdominal pain?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum. ‎

Your current symptoms of abdominal pain might be due to chronic constipation. This is due to the fact that you have reduced frequency of bowel movements.

For immediate relief of your symptoms, you can try OTC laxatives and fiber supplements like ‎metamucil. But for long term improvement of your symptoms lifestyle and dietary changes as ‎suggested below should be undertaken.‎

Constipation in adults is due to a stressed lifestyle with lack of proper eating habits ,having more ‎junk ‎‎and processed food, rather than freshly prepared whole foods, low intake of dietary fiber ‎and ‎‎inadequate amounts of fluids. ‎

You might consider adding enough fiber in your diet. Vegetables with high-fiber content (peas, beans, ‎‎apricots, prunes, peaches, pears, plums, spinach), ‎fresh fruits, dried fruits, and whole wheat, bran, or ‎‎oatmeal cereals are excellent sources of fiber. To reap the benefits of fiber, drink plenty of fluids to ‎‎help pass the stool.‎

Include a lot of whole grain bread, corn bran, cereals, buns, muffins, bran flakes, whole wheat ‎cereals, ‎‎whole grain pasta, and brown rice in your daily diet. ‎
Whole grains - help to enhance the digestive system. ‎

Regular exercise (abdominal contraction exercises and leg raises) are also important in ‎establishing ‎‎regular normal bowel movements. ‎

Follow healthy eating habits including eating at regular intervals and avoiding skipping of meals.‎ ‎

Taking time to have a bowel movement when you need to. Visit the toilet for 15 minutes in the ‎‎‎morning, even if you are unable to have a bowel movement. This relaxes and stimulates your digestive ‎‎‎system.‎

Following the measures suggested above might be very helpful to resolve your condition.‎

In case, the above measures are not helping, consulting a doctor for a examination and rule out ‎obstructive defecation disorders.‎

I hope this helps.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.