Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Yeast Infection , UTI and Kidney Infection ?

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
Last year (maybe longer) I got a really bad UTI and went to my Dr. and got the medicine for it but stopped taking it when i thought my UTI was gone.. which was a bad idea because my UTI wasn't gone.. so I had to go back to the Dr. and she gave me some other medicine for it. It was only 3 pills she gave me this time and told me to come back if my symtoms weren't gone. I thought they were gone but after started to have pain on my back, on one side.. signs of a kidney infection I thought. The pain was never really bad and would only come once in awhile so I didn't really think anything of it but it's been happening for about a year.. Also, for the past couple of weeks sometimes it feels like I have a UTI (burning, pressure, barely urinating when it felt like I had to go really bad). It will happen maybe 1 or 2 times a day and the rest of my day will be fine. Also for the past month I've had a lot of itching and burning and white/yellow discharge. For a few months I've had a lot of pain during intercorse as well AND brown discharge before and after and sometimes instead of getting my period. I've never had a yeast infection before but by the looks of the symptoms I looked up online, seems like I have one? Is it possible to have a UTI, yeast infection and kidney infection at the same time or are my problems something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2009
I have the exact same symptoms (UTI, then kidney pain, then yeast infection). Does anyone have any feedback?
|

replied September 26th, 2010
uti, kidney infection, yeast infection
I am a male, last month I had UTI went to doctor and she gave me some antibiotics, then a week after I had really bad pain on my kidneys and went to emergency and was told now I have kidney infection and was given augmentin I used this antibiotic and pain stopped, but then I got a yeast infection which I am treating myself and almost all gone now, eating yougurt, garlic every day and not eating anything sweet, also using coconut oil on the affected area. I have also started drinking horsetail tea twice a day.
|

replied October 10th, 2010
advice to anyone on uti and kidney infections, etc
hi, yes! so the last couple weeks i had alot of pain in my uteus and it killed to pee, it felt like a knife going through each time, couldnt get to a doctor til a few weeks so took over the counter pills and then the past tuesday woke up completel paralyzed couldnt walk due to severe back and stomach pain. the hospital found out that the i must have had a uti and waited too long to take care of it because it got my kidneys and had a chronic kidney infection. sent me home on every medication possible for the infection and said i should be better within two days....four days past i got worse went back to the er this morning and finally they did a ct scan and found i had a kidney stone. had me in there for a long time on fluids to help it pass....i got lucky cuz it passed in the hospital and i didnt feel it cuz i was so druged on pain meds...if it didnt pass i would have had to get surgery...not fun. advice to anyone take care of your uti and see a doc emediately!!!! hope this helped
|