Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Yeast infection treatment not effective

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
Hello all,

I've never had a yeast infection until I became pregnant with my son. Here it is 1 1/2 months after my son was born and I still have the yeast infection. The only time it bothers me is when my husband and I have intercourse. It burns like crazy and I cannot bear to do it. I don't know what to do. The creams and medicine that my doctor prescribed when I was pregnant didn't help. I don't know what to do at this point. It is frustrating because I cannot have intercourse. My poor hubby Sad
We are not passing it back and forth because I have not had intercourse in 2 months.

Please help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi smooches,

Congratulations on the birth of your brand new son. Make an appointment with your OB/GYN Doctor and tell him or her of your frustration and how what has been previously prescribed for your yeast infection is not working. There are other medication you can be given to take care of this problem...also have your husband see a doctor to be sure he isn't the carrier of some STD just to be on the safe side. Tell him no need to be embarrassed, it is just a precautionary measure to rule out everything. Your body go through such chemical changes during pregancy which could attribute to why the meds that was prescribed didn't work, now that you aren't pregnant you should be able to have a more stronger med, providing you aren't nursing, if so please inform the doctor, what you intake so will the baby.

Keep us updated and hug the baby for me.

God Bless,

Faded Rose
|

replied January 11th, 2010
Quick tips...
If your suffering from a yeast infection, its best to avoid sex, until you're free from the infection. You'll end up passing it to your partner if you're not careful.

If you do have sex, make sure you're both clean, before intercourse, and avoid oral sex. Use a condom.

Urinate straight after sex, and wash your genitals again. This will not cure your yeast infection, but it will help to reduce the flare up of yeast symptoms.

Good luck.
|

replied January 11th, 2010
Hello,

My OBGYN told me that 85% of the yeast can be killed with a one dose PILL called Diflucan( not sure abt the spelling). However, the rest require another kind of antifungal pill. If you only tried Monistat creme , i think you shoukd first try the diflucan.

I used Monistat 7 when i had infection for the first time. Seemed like the infection was gone. I till was careful and gave it two weeks after.......guess what i thought my vigina ripped when my husband attemped intercourse. I took diflucan and that cleared up all the infection. With monistat u only think the infection is gone but more than likely it is still there.
|