Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

yeast infection

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
i have dibetes and i have had several yeast infections and they have gone away but this time it seems to gotten worse i have tried all the home cures and they only help a little bit tonight i feel like i am on fire what can i do for this
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Fluctuations in sugar levels and re-infection from your partner will tend to make it worse. Consider applying Caladryl lotion to soothe the affected place (temporary relief). Visit your gynecologist for examination and tests done to see if there is yeast infection or secondary bacterial infection too. Based on the results, you will be put on appropriate treatment (oral and/or topical antibiotics/antifungals). Focus on good sugar control with medications, diet and exercises. Wash the area clean and keep it dry. Use loose cotton undergarments. Get your partner also treated simultaneously and avoid intercourse while being on treatment to prevent chances of re-infection.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.