Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

yeast infection in the blood

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
nurse how serious is this my son has this in his blood .Is it cureable? or they lasting side effects? Thanks so much Rhonda Baker
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2010
Yeast (fungal) infections in the blood are very uncommon, and typically occur in patients who are already seriously ill from other causes. In many cases, it is these other serious illnesses that are more likely to determine whether patients with fungal infections in the blood will survive or not.

Since I cannot examine your son, or his medical records, I really cannot answer your questions in any more detail than this.

I do hope that your son will make a full recovery.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.