Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Yeast infection culture taken while on creams

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
Can an accurate yeast infection culture be taken while the patient is using ovc clotrimazole vaginal cream Internally? or would this produce a wrong result. Thanks in advance! C
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2010
Hi,

Welcome to the forum and I am glad to help you out. The possibility of getting a yeast growth is significantly lessened with the use of the clotrimazole as clotrimazole kills the fungus rapidly. However, it makes sense to get a culture done if there's no response of the use of clotrimazole.Please consult a gynecologist for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|

replied November 26th, 2010
Thanks doctor
Thank you! that was helpful. I think i may go see a gyno like you suggested if the problem keeps lingering. I guess the clotrimazole must have sort of worked on the yeast. thanks!
|

replied February 26th, 2011
Yeast Infection
I took Clotrimazole 3 day cream for a yeast infection the next morning the itching, and burning went away, however when my body was discharging the cream, the result was a green discharge. My question is should I continue to use the product regardless of the coloring of the discharge or should I stop it completely?
|

replied February 26th, 2011
Yeast Infection
I took Clotrimazole 3 day cream for a yeast infection the next morning the itching, and burning went away, however when my body was discharging the cream, the result was a green discharge. My question is should I continue to use the product regardless of the coloring of the discharge or should I stop it completely?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.