Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Yeast Infection and canker sores ?

Must Read
Can you tell the difference between a canker sore and a cold sore. Start here for basic info about types of canker sores and their characteristics....
Canker sores a triggered by a number of medical conditions and reactions. Learn what triggers a cnaker sore and how you can avoid canker sores in the future....
Can you identify the main characteristics of a canker sore? Start here and learn when you should seek help for a canker sore that won't heal....
I had a yeast infection around a month or so ago and took cream to get rid of it. My boyfriend and I had stopped having sex during that time because it was really irritating and since taking the cream and my symptoms going away, we've continued having sex. However, it seems as if I have another infection and I'm wondering if he could have been infected and now we're passing it back and forth? He has also had bad canker sores the past month, which I know have to do with yeast, but I have not received oral sex from him--can this still be a sign that he is carrying the infection and giving it back to me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2009
Supporter
Since his canker sores are in his mouth and you did not mention that he was experiencing any symptoms of a yeast infection, I doubt the two are related. After this yeast infection is taken care of, you may want to begin eating probiotics to prevent another one. Also, if you douche or take antibiotics, they will increase the chances of getting a yeast infection.
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2009
Supporter
sexual transmission of yeast infection is uncommon, but it is likely. i can email you the website i got the information from.
it's a possibility that the cream you used wasnt strong enough. did you take the three day. your doctor can give you pills to clear it up instead of cream.
|

replied August 8th, 2011
I also have a question. I got a urinary tract infection 3 days after having sex with my ex. Also 3 days after we has sex he went to the doctor to make sure he didn't have any STDs and all his results came back negative. But I went to the doctor anyway. He didn't even look at me yet and told me I had herpes but he he did a culture test anyway. Could it me a yeast infections and canker sores? Because my sores don't look anything like herpes from what I have been researching. They look a lot more like canker sores. Someone please help.
|

replied October 21st, 2011
Relation between Canker Sores and Yeast; Reduce Bad Yeast Level
I would wait for the test results to come back to determine if you have herpes. Yeast does have a lot to do with the cause of canker sores in the mouth, but I have never heard of canker sores down there. Canker sores can also be caused by viruses. I had a yeast infection, and now have a canker sore in my mouth. Yeast infections are caused by the reduction of good bacteria and yeast in the body to keep your bad yeast in check, and could be the side effect of taking antibiotics, stress, low immunity, or many other things. My problem with high bad yeast level and not enough good bacteria in my body is actually causing Acne on my face! I used a probiotic yogurt on my face overnight to test my theory and my acne looked extremely better the next morning. Your overall body level of bad yeast could be high and causing these recurrent problems, and may take long term care to get good bacteria to culture back into your gastrointestinal system at a healthy level. I have read to stop your sugar intake (which feeds yeast) and that means stop eating carbs for a while bc they are the same thing as sugar in the body. Also, to take Vitamins, and different types of probiotics (not just the yogurt kind). Garlic and Onions are good foods to eat. Mushrooms are bad for yeast infections.
|

replied October 21st, 2011
P.S. Taking some long term types of prescription medication to treat recurrent yeast infections kills your liver! I would avoid medication at all costs (Antibiotics CAUSE the problem, and will only help in the short term, but will make it worse the next go round) Unless your yeast infection is really advanced, I would do a cream, or the 1 day pill, and change your diet and introduce different types of probiotics into your system. This could take months-years to get your levels back to normal, depending on the severity of your case.
|