Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Yeast Infection/and abdominal pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
What are all the symptoms of a yeast infection??
Besides itchy,red,burning,thick white discharge kinda watery sometimes.

Can lower abdominal pain pain thats off and on be a symptom of a yeast infection too??
And what are other symptoms?
headaches?
ect ect?
Please help.

I've been on birth control for 1 year. Never had any problems with it. I had sex May 25 2011 for the first time. I didn't bleed from the sex. I started my period 2 days later (like I was suppose to). A few days after my period I got a yeast infection(never had one before). I used monistat 3 day and felt better but 3-4 weeks later I got another one. I've been having lower abdominal pain as well. I read that yeast infections can be a early HIV symptom..is it possible for a yeast infection 1 week after sex to be a HIV symptom?? Very worried. What else could this be?? I plan on getting tested but until then very worried.

Read more: General Q and A Forum - Period 2 days after sex and aYeast infection 2 days after period http://ehealthforum.com/health/period-days -after-sex-and-ayeast-infection-days-after -period-t292129.html#ixzz1RvUtZXUl
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe could be suggestive of yeast infection. You can also have recurrent infections if your partner is not treated simultaneously. Changes in hormonal status around the time of periods can also alter vaginal secretions making it more susceptible to infections. You should consider visiting your gynecologist for further evaluation including vaginal swab/smear test to identify causative agent clearly. Get started on oral and topical treatment as indicated. Get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection. Also get STD screening tests done to rule out chances of STD being present as a concurrent cause for recurrent yeast infection. Drink plenty of water. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area (vagina has its own mechanism of cleaning itself. Use of these products harms the normal bacteria of vagina and it becomes susceptible to infection). Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.