Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

46 years old, never had a seizure or anything like it before

Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
hello. I had a seizure on 7th August 2011, I blacked out, I thought I had just fallen asleep and woke up, didnt know why people were fussing around me. My first seizure, bit my tongue and embarrassingly wet myself too. 46 years old, never had a seizure or anything like it before, so am puzzled as to why this happened, though have been stressed out and was very tired too. Initial brain scan clear, was taken to hospital, speaking of epilepsy but more tests to be done incl. EEG. Am home now, but find noise difficult to handle, also my writing is poor - has this happened to anyone else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 29th, 2011
Sudden, Unexplained First Seizure
I understand your feelings. I am 59 years old and had a grand mal seizure on November 9, 2011 at the drug store. Taken by ambulance to the hospital and kept in the emergency room for six hours until one of my kids took me home and stayed with me. There's no medical reason for it and all the tests came out clear. I am still having trouble concentrating and I'm forgetful. (Not sure if that's related to the seizure or age!) I hope you're feeling well now.
|

replied December 2nd, 2011
Experienced User
Gosh, just like me, (forgetful that is). Thanks for posting, no medical reason either then. I have not had any seizure since, though last week I felt what was like 'warnings' ie a rush of 'deja vu', but then gone very quickly again. How you doing now?
|