Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

20 years old HIGH blood pressure

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
I am 20 years old, 115lbs about 5'2''. I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure now for about a year. I am currently taking a beta blocker. I had all sorts of tests performed to see if there was an underlying cause for my high blood pressure (kidneys were tested, WBC count, thyroid, heart, etc.) everything came back clear. I went to the DR today and my blood pressure reading was 151/103 the first time and 131/92 the second time. I am an active person but I am currently interviewing at dental schools so I am under an immense amount of stress. Do you think my high blood pressure could be attributed to stress? Or should I switch medications? I already eat extremely healthy and workout so that isn't the problem I don't think. Any help would be great!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 19th, 2012
Experienced User
Really? at the early age you are experiencing high blood? maybe i should go to a doctor. sometimes when i was angry my head is getting hot. and i feel all my bloods are rising up through my head.
|
Did you find this post helpful?