Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

2 years of excrutiating pain surgery or not????

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hello forum folks. I would like to thank all the people that have responded to the questions which have been extremely helpful in guiding those in need of medical advice. I am a 29 year old male that has a herniated disc at the L-5 S-1 level disc prostusion with radicupathy. I have sciatica i can barely sit and stand for longer than 2 hours max.Tingling pins and needles numbness, twitching of the back, weakness in the foot. Pain in the back is severe that i need norco in the middle of the night to finish my sleeptimel. I have read most of the post in this site however you guys have had your surgery before two years. I am fighting with workmans comp and one doctor says that i shouldnt have surgery because he was in a similar situation and it didnt work for him. I have basically gone bankrupt since my injury and near homeless. I would like to have a microdiscectomy because the drs. dont know about the pain that i endure and they arent the ones that are going to be broke. Anyone that has a microdiscectomy after 2 years please give me some knowledge and input on post surgery and what you think you should do in my shoes. THanks Everyone for your Support..
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper firemanmike
|

replied February 22nd, 2011
Did this happen at work or elsewhere? Whatever..please have a mri standing or sitting? Mri's laying flat miss the degree of herniations. Find the best surgeon where you live... a university? Check with patients on line and do your homework. It sounds like stress is making it worse? Pain meds (Norco) causes your body to get toxic. You need to cleanse your body with natural products. You need deep sleep to help your body heal?
Are you doing "core" exercises? They help. You too young for this and my heart goes out to you. Please email and maybe I can tell you about a failed back fusion and the complications from surgeries. Take care.Mike
|

replied February 23rd, 2011
I have just found out today from the QME doctor that he does not see an annular tear. The first time that i took an MRI at the emergency room the doctor wrote that i had an annular tear. The insurance company sent me to have another MRI and this time the doctor said he didnt see an annular tear. I dont believe this because i get pain in my legs and foot. Does anyone know if lying down in an MRI would take away the tear. Can an annular tear heal normally. I dont understand i need help.
|