Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

3 year old with nose bleeds

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
My son has had a bloody nose the past two evenings. I haven't been running a humidifier since spring has broke and the house has been open. We have not been running the furnace either. Should I still run the humidifier or could this be something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2008
Community Volunteer
You can try running the humidifier, but if you have the windows open, it isn't going to do much good. You should try an enhanced nasal spray or gel. Neosporin used about three times a day will keep his nose moist too.
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2008
Supporter
Do you think the spring allergies are just getting to him a lot?
I used to get bloody noses around this time due to pollen. It would explain a lot especially because you have been keeping the windows open. Pollen comes in.
|

replied July 5th, 2009
Nose Blead
You should make sure that she/he sits up and tilt there head down then hold it there for 10 min after that make sure the kid does not run around for about an hour. Dont worry if it last for a while but if it lasts more then 30 min you should call your doctor and ask for what to do.
|
Tags: nose
Quick Reply