Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

21 year old male and having heart palpatations

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
I am 21 year old male and all of this started about 2 months about ago
I would also like to add that i am a recovering Alcoholic.
I also was a regular amphetamine user
As of recently i have started having heart palpatations that occur during running walking it feels almost as if my heart is fluttering and i am dizzy and lightheaded alot and very fatigued I also experience shortness of breath and fainty type feeling. The other day i went for a run and by the time i got back i was so dizzy and my heart was pounding so hard i thought i was going to pass out it took almost two hours for my heart rate to come down from 100 beats per minute to 75 were it usaully rest. I most also note my blood pressure is usaully 120/70 at rest

I have had blood test an EKG and an Echocardeogram
all of which were normal.

And Input would be greatly appreciated

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2014
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A29871
A heart rate of 100 beats a minute during exercise is not unusual, though its persistence after exercise is stopped is unusual. I am assuming that you are no longer taking amphetamine and that you are off of alcohol. The reason for your recent onset of palpitations should be defined. A 24-hour or 48-hour electrocardiographic study (so-called Holter monitoring) might be helpful, particularly if you exercised while wearing the monitor. Unfortunately, a resting electrocardiogram and resting echocardiogram did not reveal the basis for the palpitations.
Do discuss this with your doctor to define further approaches that could hopefully reveal the origin of your palpitations.
Please remember that I am unable to diagnose medical conditions online.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.