Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

22 year old boy , normal middle class type life

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
i m 22 year old boy, everything is normal in my life....but i hate this normal middle class type life....i want happening life....my life is normal and not so happening.....i just thought life should be filmi.....for this reason i m facing many problems in my daily life.....i just cannot enjoy little things of life...and that is why i m dull ,,sad......i m handsome but i have no girlfriend.....i m feeling alone.....i just want do something unique to get the feeling of special......please help me.....i m wasting important years of young life....which will never come again.....i want some pratcical.....real solutions...please help me....i think i have created an image of young ,, rich boy\\\'s life that i cannot live now....and if i cannot live that life any other thing seems to be worthless.....and i just cannot imagine life beyond 25......please help me

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2010
Depression Answer A15589
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
Your concern is regarding the life being dull and probably not happening. You are also unable to enjoy the small little good things in life on a daily basis.
You might be suffering from depression with possibility of delusions. You must consult a psychiatrist for definitive solutions as the same requires a detailed interview and assesssment. You might be helped by some drugs and psychotherapy in consultation with your doctor.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.