Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

8 year old bipolar

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
they say our 8 year old grandson is bipolar,his other grandma and his real mom has it too, and a Uncle, our son has cosidy of him and has a step mom, but I as a grandma don't understand all of this, they say he lies, steals, and is mean to his step mom, but when he is here he does ok, only kid problems like too loud or throws ball inside and we remind him he shouldn't do it, but they say he is totally different at home or at the other stepgrandma's,,,, we have seen him get mad a couple of times, and i talk to him and he is fine...i tell him ilove him and he shouldn't act like that, they have trouble at school with him, so it breaks my heart that everyone thinks he is such a bad boy, but i tell him how much i love him and hope he will try to be better at school and home...what else can i do, as i don't feel his stepmom is very good o him, she has a daughter 12 and she isn't good to him, and then our son and her have one together, and he is 2 and seems like she is very parctial to him and her daughter and our son and them seem to treat him differnt and don't pay attention....it must be a terrible life with him and them, but what can we do to help
Did you find this post helpful?
|