Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Wrist pain when bent

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Hey folks.

Around two months ago I injured my wrist. I was using one of those grip strengtheners, the things with handles you squeeze together. That particular session I went a bit over the top, squeezing it as hard and as fast as I could.

It was pretty sore afterward, but I thought nothing of it. Over the next week or so the pain got pretty bad. I wasn't able to bend it at all for a few days.

Anyway, it's nearly 2 months later and whilst the pain has reduced somewhat - I can move and bend it now without too much trouble - it's still not 100%.

The pain occurs when my wrist is bent at a 90-degree angle, for example when I do push-ups, or bend my wrist all the way forwards and backwards. It just generally feels a bit sore and achy, especially in the cold.

Thanks for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Probably the best thing to tell you is to stop excersing and let it rest...But, being young and active, I am sure you won't do this...We are not doctors here,(you can speak with them only when you address them at the top of the page where it says "Ask a Doctor")....What about a wrist brace?..It may help a bit...If this continues, have it checked out...You don't want to live with this pain...Most important would be to take it easy....An injury like this can haunt you all your life....Good luck...

Caroline
|

replied August 13th, 2009
Thanks for the reply.

I have reduced the amount of exercise I do, but not fully. I'm joining the Army and as such have to keep active. It's also why this problem is particularly worrying for me, because I won't get into the Army with a dodgy wrist.

A wrist brace is a good idea, I actually went down my local street today to look for one, but unfortunately couldn't find one. I'll probably head into the city tomorrow and with better luck will be able to get one.
|

replied August 17th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I hope that you found one...Your local drug store should have some...Hey, good luck in the Army....It's a wonderful way for a young man to find himself...I wish you well....

Please take care,
Caroline
|
Quick Reply