Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

worries...

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I find that I worry about the stupidest things..to others their stupid but to me there almost crucial.

I worry that someone out of spite will do something to one of my possessions, you know germ it up, leave it dirty, ruin it..as I am typing this I can see how ridiulous this is but it bugs me and I think about it alot then, its not a passsing thought it is a lingering thought. If theres not one thing theres another. I always think of the worst case scenario. It is starting to affect my everyday life with these occupying worries....how the heck can I get rid of this fear?

I am also meticulous, if I buy something it has to be perfect, I will check it over and over...until I feel happy with it...things that wouldnt bother the average person will bug me.

I always worry when I shop...I worryt he item waas previously returned or used in someway...my worries mostly have to be with being germed up or damaged....then I wil avoid buying it until I find one I am happy with...I just want to not have this worry. btw I am 30 and female..is there hope?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 25th, 2010
Re: worries...
Prepare a list of all your thoughts and what you are worrying about, make an analysis and give solutions to each of your worry. Plan for your shopping and make a plan of every day.

missmuffet80 wrote:
I find that I worry about the stupidest things..to others their stupid but to me there almost crucial.

I worry that someone out of spite will do something to one of my possessions, you know germ it up, leave it dirty, ruin it..as I am typing this I can see how ridiulous this is but it bugs me and I think about it alot then, its not a passsing thought it is a lingering thought. If theres not one thing theres another. I always think of the worst case scenario. It is starting to affect my everyday life with these occupying worries....how the heck can I get rid of this fear?

I am also meticulous, if I buy something it has to be perfect, I will check it over and over...until I feel happy with it...things that wouldnt bother the average person will bug me.

I always worry when I shop...I worryt he item waas previously returned or used in someway...my worries mostly have to be with being germed up or damaged....then I wil avoid buying it until I find one I am happy with...I just want to not have this worry. btw I am 30 and female..is there hope?
|
Did you find this post helpful?